- Overseas Union Bank, Singapore, has gone live with Panorama, an enterprise software product from SunGard Data Systems, Wayne, Pa., thatintegrates cross-asset trading market and credit risk. Separately, it is implementing PAYplus, a real-time gross settlement solution from Fundtech, Jersey City, N.J.
- DBS Bank, Singapore, has licensed a wireless application protocol (WAP) browser with authentication and encryption from AU-System, Sweden, to deliver mobile banking services to Palm PDAs.
- Deutscher Sparkassen Verlag, Germany, a technology supplier to German banks, will issue smart cards embedded with digital certificates from Verisign, Mountain View, Calif.
- Banco Del Estrado, Chile, is installing multi-channel customer relationship management software from Avaya, Basking Ridge, N.J., to link Web banking customers to contact center personnel.
- HSBC, Hong Kong, has chosen EKB, a browser-based enterprise training platform from NetDimensions, Hong Kong, as the cornerstone of an e-learning network that will serve the bank's employees throughout Asia.
- Siam Commercial Bank, Thailand, has gone live with scb-fx, a Web-based foreign exchange trading service using AutoDeal LITE, an e-commerce platform from Cognotec, Ireland.
- Lloyds TSB, United Kingdom, has tapped Entrust Technologies, Plano, Texas, to provide authentication and encryption for its smart card-based Internet banking program.
2001 CMP Media LLC.
7/1/01, Issue # 3807, page 14.