- Bank Handlowy, Poland, has converted its retail banking operations to a platform from Alltel, Little Rock, Ark.
- Swedbank, Sweden, in collaboration with AU-System, Sweden, and Halebop, Sweden, has developed software which enables customers to access the bank's Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-based services via Palm Pilots.
- National Bank of Kuwait is using PayWare, a set of Web hosting and payment gateway products from Trintech, San Mateo, Calif. State Bank of Mauritius has also licensed the PayWare products.
- Caixa Terrassa, Spain, has implemented IDshield, an online verification system from Safewww, Uniondale, N.Y., for its retail and business customers.
- Royal Bank of Scotland has agreed with State Street, Boston, to participate in FX Connect, State Street's multi-bank foreign exchange system, and to offer futures trading products on Global Link, State Street's e-finance network.
- Banque Degroof, Belgium, has licensed Commerce Broker, a data integration product from Mercator, Wilton, Conn., to link its asset management, brokerage, back-office and Internet operations.
- Bank Pertanian Malaysia has implemented the interBiz e-business applications suite from Computer Associates, Islandia, N.Y., for Web-based financial management supporting multi-currency and multinational platforms.