- Report: IT Spending in Retail Banking Will Reach $152.5 Billion By 2018March 31, 2014Back-end investment for compliance and investment in digital channels will drive strong growth in IT spending among North American banks, according to Ovum.
- Celent: Bank IT Spending Will Grow to Nearly $60 Billion This YearJanuary 24, 2014Retail banking will drive IT spending this year, with improvements in digital channels and user experience a high priority for banks.
- Job Cuts, Regulation Push Bankers Toward Hedge FundsNovember 14, 2012The hedge fund industry is
expected to see a wave of new launches in the next year by
traders who have lost their jobs at investment banks or who have
left in search of better pay.
- Royal Bank of Canada Completes Acquisition of Global Investor Services BusinessJuly 27, 2012Dexia Investor Services Limited will be rebranded as RBC Investor Services.
- Big Four Banks Expected to Post Profits For Second Quarter, Report SaysJuly 16, 2012A new report by SNL Financial says that the "big four" banks will post modest profits for the second quarter despite unsure economic conditions.
- 2012 FinTech Innovation Lab Now Accepting EntriesDecember 05, 2011The program, now in its second year, recognizes and helps develop new financial technology innovations.
- Bank of America Names CTO for Global Wealth and Investment Management and Shared Technology Infrastructure Executive May 18, 2011Bank of America names David Reilly CTO for Global Wealth and Investment Management and Shared Technology Infrastructure; former Morgan Stanley IT exec, will be accountable for designing, building and operating Bank of America's enterprise technology infras
- Microsoft and its Partners Express Optimism Around IT InvestmentFebruary 25, 2011Innovation, differentiation of services and cloud computing are consistent themes with Microsoft's partners.
- Former Office of Management and Budget Director Orszag to Join Citi December 10, 2010Former Office of Management and Budget Director Peter Orszag to Join Citi as a Vice Chairman in Global Banking; will be a member of bank's Senior Strategic Advisory Group.
- J.P. Morgan Launches iPad Research AppNovember 15, 2010Offers online and offline investment bank research via the iPad.
- State Street to Pay Mortgage Securities Investors $300 MillionFebruary 08, 2010Firm settles with the SEC over charges it misled investors about subprime mortgage investments.
- 70% of Americans Think It's Harder To Get Rich Now Than It Used To BeJanuary 14, 2010Bankrate poll confirms that most Americans feel poor, are saving more and spending less.
- SAS Unveils Fraud Case Management ModuleOctober 28, 2009
- State Street Launches eHorizon Global Accounting SystemSeptember 22, 2009State Street launches eHorizon global accounting system; enhanced solution provides ability to manage complex fund structures across multiple accounting bases.
- Washington Looks to Technology to Improve Financial OversightSeptember 21, 2009
- SIBOS NEWS: DTCC, SWIFT, XBRL US Form Stakeholder GroupSeptember 17, 2009
- Timothy Watson Joins Whitney as Director of Corporate TreasuryJuly 16, 2009Timothy Watson joins Whitney as Director of Corporate Treasury; former BankAtlantic executive's responsibilities include oversight of $2 billion investment securities portfolio.
- USAA Offers iPhone App for Banking, Insurance and SecuritiesMay 14, 2009
- I Bankers on Fast Track—to Teaching April 03, 2009Both the UK and US try to find new homes for investment bankers and others who have lost finance jobs.
- UMB Financial Hires Jackson as CTOMarch 25, 2009