- Are Spreadsheets Lurking in Your Infrastructure?May 06, 2013Bank management teams should focus on correcting vulnerabilities within their own operations.
- How Has the Banking Industry Changed in a Decade?September 09, 2011The banking industry survived, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, only to be confronted in 2008 with the challenges of the global financial crisis. Both events, along with some key technology developments, shaped the financial services industry in which we work t
Contrary to stereotyped perceptions (and Saturday Night Live skits), IT staff members aren’t necessarily targets of verbal abuse, they do get positive feedback from users, and they aren’t constantly surfing the Web looking for new jobFebruary 22, 2007Banks are trying to leverage enterprise compliance technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency while driving business value.
- Less Regulation Is the Key to Maintaining New York City’s and the U.S.’s Roles as Financial Services Capitals, Says a McKinsey Report February 01, 2007Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Governor Eliot Spitzer and Senator Charles Schumer endorse a McKinsey report that says New York City and the U.S. could lose their places as financial services capitals because of regulation.
- Offshore Vendors Inconsistent on Security ControlsOctober 31, 2006The lack of formalized security controls in offshoring contracts can hurt data protection, BearingPoint says.
- Taking SOX to the Next LevelFebruary 26, 2006It's time to start looking at Sarbanes-Oxley in a more positive light.
- Cole Taylor Streamlines Compliance Reporting with Enterprisewide Monitoring SystemNovember 30, 2005
- Early Warning SystemNovember 01, 2005M&T Bank taps monitoring solution to improve security and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- A Win for WAN Updates June 30, 2005Hancock Holding automates WAN updates with AlterPoint solution.
Qualcomm itself still may not import its own chips into the U.S., but its partners can. This is good news for several handset manufacturers and network operators.June 30, 2005Sun will try to meld networking computing and information life-cycle management to be more competitive with IBM and HP.
- Missed Opportunity June 01, 2005Despite increasing compliance demands, many banks still overlook enterprisewide solutions.
- JPMorgan Chase to Consolidate Books on SAPMay 23, 2005Firm will move from over 20 general ledgers from several vendors to a single-instance general ledger.
- School for Scandal April 01, 2005It's amazing how often the grown-up business world seems to replicate childhood - especially junior high school.
- The Intelligence Factor January 07, 2005Enterprisewide business intelligence tools can help banks cut costs, improve compliance and boost customer service.
- Oracle Releases Risk Hub November 16, 2004Software will consolidate risk information from other systems
- IT Spending for Compliance: From SOX 404 to Comprehensive ComplianceAugust 03, 20042004 and beyond will bring real spending on IT to automate and integrate new compliance processes.
- Rules, Rules, RulesMay 18, 2004Financial-services firms including Guardian Life and Huntington Bancshares face numerous compliance challenges.
- IT Spending for Compliance: From SOX 404 to Comprehensive ComplianceApril 06, 2004Whereas 2003 was clearly a hype year for the compliance IT market, Financial Insights believes that 2004 and beyond will bring real spending on IT to automate and integrate new compliance processes.
- Managing Risk March 30, 2004No longer solely about complying with regulations and protecting cost centers, risk management is being used by banks as a strategic tool to support product development and revenue-generation strategies. Collecting, storing and analyzing real-time data is
- Meeting the E-Mail Security ChallengeMarch 11, 2004As e-mail usage becomes a standard way of doing business in banking, security issues have become an increasingly complex matter. Financial services firms looking to minimize e-mail security risks need to put a plan into place.