- FATCA: The Data ChallengeAugust 01, 2011The US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) will have a significant impact on financial institutions' data gathering and processing capabilities.
- FSTC Introduces RFID StandardDecember 18, 2008
- RFID Helps Wells Fargo Track Assets, Improve Business ContinuityOctober 27, 2008Radio Frequency Identification enables Wells Fargo to audit IT assets in days versus months.
- Retail Payments Business Moving More Toward MobileMarch 30, 2007Consumers are clamoring for speedier and more- convenient forms of payments, and banks are responding with on-the-go options.
- UPIC Adoption Picking Up Among BusinessesDecember 01, 2006Adoption of an alternative account identifier is gaining steam as a fraud prevention and efficiency play.
- UPIC Adoption Picking Up Among BusinessesNovember 07, 2006Businesses increasingly choosing secure ACH payments with UPICs.
- Lost or Stolen Identities Make Waves March 31, 2005Recent incidents involving Bank of America and ChoicePoint have stirred legislative response and self-examination by industry participants.
- Treasury Issues Reasonable Account Opening Rules August 12, 2002Proposed rules recently released by the U.S. Treasury would force banks to establish customer identification programs to comply with USA PATRIOT Act legislation.
- The USA Patriot Act: Can Your Money Laundering Detection Software Keep Pace?March 04, 2002When Congress passed the USA Patriot Act in October 2001, it came with a host of new anti-laundering provisions with which financial institutions (FIs) must now comply. But that's not all it included. Within the fine print are new definitions of what types