- Experian Introduces Products That Help Lenders Determine Consumers' "Ability to Pay"November 12, 2009Experian introduces products that help lenders determine consumers' "ability to pay"; solutions are intended enable lenders to assess a consumer's income in alignment with new lending requirements.
- Meeting the E-Mail Security ChallengeMarch 11, 2004As e-mail usage becomes a standard way of doing business in banking, security issues have become an increasingly complex matter. Financial services firms looking to minimize e-mail security risks need to put a plan into place.
- Check Images May Involve New HeadachesSeptember 01, 2003Banks may be able to data mine information on imaged checks, but should be wary of changing regulations.
- Bank of Edwardsville Prepares for Check 21September 01, 2003Bank already images and stores all checks electronically.
- Data Mining on Check Images OK, Says Legal ExpertJuly 28, 2003Banks that create and maintain check image archives on behalf of their customers have control over a potentially valuable source of marketing information. But tapping into that information requires careful consideration of state and national laws.
- Financial Privacy To Take The FloorMay 19, 2003Fair Credit Reporting Act and other legislation may have to accommodate "opt-in" privacy provisions.
- Banks Move To Protect Info Sharing February 26, 2003Legal wrangling over consumer privacy protection threatens to restrict the ability of banks to share customer information with outside parties.
- LexisNexis Sees Private Future for Public Record DataAugust 23, 2002As data gains "currency" as a means to perpetrate fraud and other crimes, new controls over who can access information and how it can be used are likely to emerge, according to LexisNexis' chief privacy officer.