- Fraudsters Find New Ways Around Banks’ Online DefensesAugust 01, 2013Guardian Analytics has detected the increased use of new strategies fraudsters are using to bypass online security strategies that banks need to be looking out for.
- State Bank of India to Deploy 300 Solar-Powered ATMsMarch 15, 2010Solar ATMs said to consume 100 watts of power and to require no air conditioning.
- John Beran Leads Technology Transformation at ComericaSeptember 17, 2009Comerica CIO John Beran has led the bank as it has transformed its IT infrastructure and restructured its IT organization.
- FSTC Operational Resiliency Project Reaches Next PhaseApril 22, 2008FSTC operational resiliency benchmarking project offers banks objective measures of preparedness.
- 2006 Most Innovative CIOs In Banking Find Roles ChangingSeptember 01, 2007According to Bank System & Technology's 2007 "Most Innovative CIOs in Banking," banking CIO responsibility continues to grow as banks' strategies change with market demands.
- Core Systems To Improve August 03, 2005
The other week, the open source community enthusiastically welcomed a court ruling that set a strong precedence for open source licensing. Not eSeptember 27, 2004Secret Service and Carnegie Mellon's Software Engineering Institute release insider-threat study.
- American Express Seeks U.S. Issuers and Global Distributors July 05, 2004Amex prepares for expected growth from new partners.
- Web Services: What's All the Buzz About? October 04, 2002The hands-down winner of Buzzword of the Year for 2002 is Web services.
- Bank Bytes May 31, 2002Zions Bank uses image archiving services from Viewpointe Archive Services; Charter One Bank contracts with Metavante Electronic Banking; Commonwealth Bank offers an online check image retrieval service powered by image-based item processing.
- Executive ChangesFebruary 21, 2002Roy T. Fielding, Ph.D, named chief scientist for Day, a provider of business unification solutions; Cort H. Pouch appointed vice president of global sales for DWL Inc., a unified business service provider; Robert Pavich appointed vice president of banking
- Association UpdateFebruary 21, 2002The Professional Risk Managers' International Association taps Financial Engineering Associates as its first corporate sponsor; The Equipment Leasing Association's (ELA) annual Investor Conference will be held on March 5 at the Essex House in New York City
- National City Moves Credit Data System OnlineApril 17, 2001National City transforms ots credit information system into a Web-based network using RescueWare.
- National City Moves Credit Data System Online April 05, 2000National City replaced a closed, hard-to-maintain, client-server environment with a modern, Web-based architecture.