The data center stands as the single most important asset in a bank's ability to complete transactions and service customers. And as part of ongoing efforts to reduce expenses, improve efficiency and boost performance, the data center is in a constant state of reinvention. Today, it's difficult to talk data centers without talking about cloud computing.
Bank Systems & Technology's June digital issue explores how banks are leveraging automation, virtualization and the cloud to transform their data centers and sharpen IT service and delivery. We look at lessons learned and a few cautionary tales, and offer best practices to help ensure a smooth transformation.
Access to this special digital edition of Bank Systems & Technology is free -- just click the "Go To Digital Issue" button below. If you haven't already signed up for Bank Systems & Technology's digital editions or for exclusive digital content from one of our sibling brands in the InformationWeek Business Technology Network, you'll be asked to register. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.)
In This Issue:
- THE AVCs OF DATA CENTER TRANSFORMATION: The building blocks of data center transformation are automation, virtualization and cloud computing. But to successfully reinvent the data center, banks first must undergo an IT transformation.
- THE RISE OF CLOUD REGULATION: As cloud computing continues to gain momentum in financial services, regulators are certain to take notice -- and action.
- BELLY UP TO THE BAR: Paying "by the drink" for cloud-based data center services makes more sense than investing in infrastructure, says MetLife Bank CIO Mark LaPenta in an exclusive Q&A with BS&T.
- 3 STEPS TO A SAFER FUTURE IN THE CLOUD: Banks have an opportunity to help shape the cloud computing business model and minimize the future risks of operating in the cloud, according to TowerGroup's Rodney Nelsestuen.
- Danger Lurks in the Cloud
- Room to Grow: Adding Capacity Via Virtualization
Look for these exclusive, all-digital editions of Bank Systems & Technology in 2011.
AUGUST: Customer Experience: The Technology Behind the Buzzwords
NOVEMBER: The Future of Payments: Are Mobile Payments Finally Here?
DECEMBER: The Next Generation of E-Banking: New Opportunities to Connect With Customers
Sign up for Bank Systems & Technology's free Digital Subscription Package and receive a full year of our digital issues along with 3 premium industry reports and 51 weeks of the BS&T Daily e-newsletter, the best of Bank Systems & Technology's daily news and analysis, all from the editors of the brand you trust.