Once in a while, a technology comes along that's so big and so transformative that business is never the same again. Smartphones and tablet computers have forever changed the way companies interact with customers, and mobile is now the fastest-growing retail banking channel.
In today's digital age, consumers expect anytime, anywhere access to their finances. For banks, mobile websites and apps no longer are a value-add -- they are a competitive necessity. The April digital edition of Bank Systems & Technology examines how banks are taking their mobile strategies to the next level.
Access to this special digital edition of Bank Systems & Technology is free -- just click the "Go To Digital Issue" button below. If you haven't already signed up for Bank Systems & Technology's digital editions or for exclusive digital content from one of our sibling brands in the InformationWeek Business Technology Network, you'll be asked to register. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.)
In This Issue:
- BUILDING A BIONIC APP — We have the technology to make mobile banking applications better, faster, stronger. So what does it take to build the perfect app?
- A LOOK AT THE HOTTEST MOBILE BANKING FEATURES — The top mobile banking apps take advantage of devices' native capabilities, including built-in cameras and GPS. Here's a look at five apps that offer leading-edge features.
- MOBILE MADNESS: While banks and mobile carriers battle for control of the mobile payments space, the lack of standards, and security concerns, are hurting consumer adoption.
- Can Text Banking Trump Smartphone Apps?
- Targeted Mobile Services Hit the Mark
- Wells Fargo Embraces Mobile Business Banking
Look for these exclusive, all-digital editions of Bank Systems & Technology in 2011.
JUNE: Redefining the Data Center: How Cloud Computing and Virtualization Are Changing Banks' IT Environments
AUGUST: Customer Experience: The Technology Behind the Buzzwords
NOVEMBER: The Future of Payments
DECEMBER: The Next Generation of E-Banking: New Opportunities to Connect With Customers
Sign up for Bank Systems & Technology's free Digital Subscription Package and receive a full year of our digital issues along with 3 premium industry reports and 51 weeks of the BS&T Daily e-newsletter, the best of Bank Systems & Technology's daily news and analysis, all from the editors of the brand you trust.