Following the footsteps of USAA, which as far as we know was the first financial institution to offer a mortgage-related mobile banking app (MoversAdvantage, which helps home buyers and renters find a new home and obtain a mortgage), Canadian bank CIBC today launched a CIBC Home Advisor app for Canadians that gives home buyers access to helpful information, tools, and advice from their iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone while they're out house hunting.
"Buying a home and choosing the right mortgage are among the biggest financial decisions Canadians will make in their lifetime, which is why it's so important they have the tools and advice to make an informed decision," says Christina Kramer, executive vice president, CIBC. "With the CIBC Home Advisor App, all Canadians have access to advice and information in the palm of their hand."
The CIBC Home Advisor App for iPhone and BlackBerry lets home buyers:
* Track and compare properties visited by taking and storing photos and completing a home buyer's checklist for each home
* View neighborhood maps and get immediate access to average property valuations and trends
* Request detailed neighborhood reports for properties of specific interest
* Post, tweet, text or email details of the properties and neighborhoods you are considering to share them with family and friends in real-time
* Access four different built-in calculators to help determine what the customer can afford, if they should rent vs. buy, the equity in their home, or mortgage payment options
* Request a CIBC pre-approved mortgage certificate for financing to lock in an interest rate
* Contact the nearest CIBC Mortgage Advisor and arrange to meet to get advice on mortgage options
"Canadians can now instantly review the homes they've just seen, learn about the neighborhood, and start the pre-approval process all over a cup of coffee in between open houses," says Kramer. "They could even be standing in the home of their dreams while they apply for a mortgage pre-approval and connect with a CIBC Mortgage Advisor to get advice."
With the CIBC Home Advisor App, first time home buyers and experienced homeowners alike can get answers to their questions along the way, with articles that provide helpful information about the purchase, financing, or sale of a home.
CIBC Home Advisor for BlackBerry has been certified a Super-App by RIM and leverages the BlackBerry Application Platform to integrate the specific user experience and BlackBerry features, including maps and GPS, social media and camera.
The CIBC Home Advisor App is also available on the iPod Touch, which clients can use over a wi-fi connection. Clients can visit the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch for a free download of the CIBC Home Advisor App, or visit the BlackBerry App World on their BlackBerry smartphone.
CIBC has nearly 1,100 branches and almost 4,000 ATMs throughout Canada, as well as mobile banking, telephone banking, and online banking.