Axalto's e-gate USB Smart Card
Austin, Texas-based Axalto, formerly Schlumberger Smart Cards & Terminals, has introduced e-gate, a smart card that incorporates the USB interface electronics found in a smart card reader on the card itself. The technology enables it to plug directly into the USB port on a computer via a simple connector. It reduces the time and investment cost required to buy, deploy and install smart card readers. Incorporating the ISO 7816-3 smart card interface, the e-gate can be used across the global infrastructure of public terminals (e.g. ATMs, POS, parking meters, payphones), giving individuals a universal smart card at home in both the ISO and USB worlds, according to the vendor.
- Page 1: NTT Develops Multi-application Smart Card
- Page 3: Visa Launches Smart Secure Storage
- Page 4: JCB Tests Biometric Authentication
- Page 5: Charter One Bank Launches MasterCard Gift Card
- Page 6: Bank of Finland Sells Setec Shares