NTT Develops Multi-application Smart Card
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp. (Tokyo) has developed a smart card in compliance with GlobalPlatform V2.1 specifications-which are recognized as the standard for multi-application smart card platforms, according to the vendor.
The product enables installation of more application programs, as well as storage of data, such as fingerprints and other biometric information required for biometrics authentication. The card also offers contactless interfaces and execution functions for programs created in C language. This will enable GlobalPlatform cards to be used in fields that emphasize speed and contactless operation, such as electronic tickets, electronic money, and building entry management cards. With these functions, NTT has created a true multi-application smart card that can be used for a wide range of purposes even outside the financial field.
- Page 2: Axalto's e-gate USB Smart Card
- Page 3: Visa Launches Smart Secure Storage
- Page 4: JCB Tests Biometric Authentication
- Page 5: Charter One Bank Launches MasterCard Gift Card
- Page 6: Bank of Finland Sells Setec Shares