Contributing EditorPhil Albinus is the former editor-in-chief of Advanced Trading. He has nearly two decades of journalism experience and has been covering financial technology and regulation for nine years. Before joining Advanced Trading, he served as editor of Waters, a monthly trade journal that analyzed the challenges of the CIO for sell side, buy side firms and exchanges. He has moderated countless briefings, webinars and industry panels. He has a Bachelor of Arts in English from the State University of New York at New Paltz and lives with his wife and three children in Ossining, NY. Follow him in Twitter at @philalbinus
Articles by Phil Albinus
May 11, 2012As Wall Street firms were making a case against Dodd-Frank and The Volcker Rule, JP Morgan loses big on a prop trading bet that blew up in their face.
- 1 Comment Last comment 1 hour ago
- 2 Comments Last comment 1 hour ago
- 1 Comment Last comment 2 hours ago
Start a new discussion
- Capacity Management Evolved: How to Optimize VM Placement to Mitigate Risk, Right-Size Infrastructure and Cut Software Costs in Half
- DDoS Protection or Site Performance: A rock and a hard place?
- Leveraging Customer Insight for Business Growth
- Reducing Software Licensing Costs in Virtual & Cloud Infrastructure with Smarter VM Placements
- Enabling High-Performance Trading Alpha: Beyond Low Latency to Sustained Performance
- Return of the Silos
- State of Cloud 2011: Time for Process Maturation
- Research: State of the IT Service Desk
- Will IPv6 Make Us Unsafe?
- Database Defenses
- Big Data in Trading and Risk Management
- Pursue Fraud With IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager
- A Maturity Model for Customer Centricity
- Building the Airtight Financial Institution: Risk-Aware Network Visualization
- High-Performance Grid Computing for Financial Services: Get the advantages of grid computing the easy way with Infrastructure-as-a-Service