Editorial DirectorGreg MacSweeney is editorial director of InformationWeek Financial Services, whose brands include Wall Street & Technology, Bank Systems & Technology, Advanced Trading, and Insurance & Technology.
Articles by Greg MacSweeney
September 17, 2013Although many banks will only consider private cloud, ANZ CTO reports that his bank's growth strategy depends on public cloud capabilities.
June 11, 2013The U.K.'s largest bank has identified 200 initiatives that need to be completed in order to simplify the entire banking organization.
January 15, 2013A former business continuity executive claims he was forced out of Lloyds Banking Group because he identified severe problems what would cost £200 million for the bank to remedy.
August 15, 2012Julio Gomez, the founder of Gomez, Inc. and Innovation Councils, has joined Attivio to help it expand in the financial services industry.
April 03, 2012The MasterCard and Visa breach is only the latest in a string of hacks and data thefts that have cost financial institutions millions of dollars. Here are the nine biggest recent breaches.
July 12, 2010Jon Beyman, managing director of operations and technology for Citi's global institutional client group, discusses the ongoing search for IT talent in financial services.
December 11, 2009SWIFT's Commercial group reduces staff as part of plan to cut $132 million in global operating expenses.
December 05, 2006Avoiding "reputation risk" is a common justification for increasing security measures, protecting customers' financial information and reporting security breaches in a timely manner.
March 16, 2006Citigroup is the first FI to formally create a c-level data executive position.
November 11, 2003Through Bank of America Global Treasury Services, Blue Cross of California will offer expanded information services to its physician partners, including streamlined claims payments and paperwork.
November 04, 2003Check imaging may be the service that pushes EBPP beyond the tipping point to mass adoption.
- 3 Comments Last comment 12 hours ago
- 10 Comments Last comment 1 day ago
- 3 Comments Last comment 1 day ago
Start a new discussion
No records found
- How to Mitigate Fraud & Cyber Threats with Big Data and Analytics
- Step Up Your Game in Loan Operations in 2014
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The Future of Mobile Development in Financial Services
- Enabling High-Performance Trading Alpha: Beyond Low Latency to Sustained Performance
- Return of the Silos
- State of Cloud 2011: Time for Process Maturation
- SaaS and E-Discovery: Navigating Complex Waters
- Research: Federal Government Cloud Computing Survey
- Research: State of the IT Service Desk
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- CSI's 2013 Annual Banking Priorities Study
- Advantages of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform for Electronic Trading
- A Maturity Model for Customer Centricity
- A Strategy for Governing IT Projects, Programs, and Portfolios Throughout the Enterprise